I know how much time and effort it takes to understand the complexity of a person’s mental health. Therefore,
- I believe that collaboration with other clinicians is instrumental in providing comprehensive and meaningful care.
- I contact the referring provider and discuss the referral to the degree allowed by a given patient.
- I am confident that a team approach can benefit not only the patient’s treatment experience, but its outcome as well.
- I prescribe medications judiciously, and believe that medications, when used properly and cautiously, can be an invaluable component of a comprehensive treatment plan.
- I take time to review medication options with my patients and share my rationale when making clinical decisions, both out of respect for a patient’s autonomy and as a way to help ensure safe and consistent pharmacologic treatment.